Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

250xp eq6 counter weight set up ?

This set-up will need three weights but in any event, you must balance the weight of the telescope with whatever number of weights you use to ensure that you don't damage the gear mechanism in the mount. Because I also have a guide telescope as well as the 250 on mine and therefore two cameras, I actually require four standard weights to achieve balance!

Hi Joselin, I have the 250px mounted on an eq6 syntrek. I use the two supplied weights + 5kg dumbell cast iron weight.

I put the two original ones on first with the dumbell weight last. I've lined the centre hole on the weight with felt plus the top surface. I also use a washer to stop it sliding off the tube when the screw is put back in. Then I slide one of the original weights down and clamp it there locking the two. That leaves me one of the original weights to slide up and down to balance, usually about 3 to 4 inches below the mount head depending on what else I've loaded up the scope with.

I still have a couple left over. (I'm keeping two myself).

Regards

Keithp

Archived