Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

C8 - Need small bolts for tube

Took the C8 off the fork arms and installed an ADM dovetail bar.

This involved removing 1 bolt to front cell and 2 smaller bolts to rear cell and fitting the bar with the supplied longer screws.

Removing the C8 from the arms involves removing 2 bolts to front cell and 4 bolts to rear cell (1 & 2 for each arm)

Problem is the bolts that held the arms on are too long to go back flush in the same holes they came out of, 'cos of the thickness of the arms.

I've replaced one side with the bolts that were removed to fit the ADM bar.

I could do with a set of 3 bolts the right length to go back in the empty holes. Does any one know where I could perhaps get these bolts?

Chopping down 3 of the bolts I have might have been possible if I had the nuts to help cut the thread.

MD

Hi MD, Just did the same thing today,got a set of 8 nut n bolts from Wickes.£1.10 Just had to cut 2 of them down with a hack saw.Worked perfectly.

Daz:icon_salut:

What size thread are they, the reason I ask is my Orange C5 has an odd size :cool:

Hi

New Celestron SCT's use metric threads for the bolts that hold everything together, but the older ones use the old fashioned imperial threads. DIY type shops only sell metric so you'll have to go to a proper bolt stockist to get them.

Have you contacted D.Hinds as they probably have the right ones.

John

Archived