Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galactic Centre of the Milky Way

chui

To be honest it's too low down for us really here. LP doesn't help, but even from the south coast, with nothing but sea I doubt you'd get to see that!

The Prude Ranch is over 20 degree's further south than the south of the UK.

I have been lucky enough to go to the TSP (way back in '89), the Milky Way really is a sight to behold.

Ant

doesn't he mean the milky way rather than the galactic centre. I don't think the galactic centre can be "seen" from earth at all becasue there's stars and dust in the way aren't there? Also, I may be wrong but I suspect quite a lot has been done to that image - you would never "see" that visually.

:) Thanks for the link, Chui.. what an absolutely stunning video!

(Kniclander, read through the comments.. the imager does a bit of Q&A and explains everything.)

yes, his comments are interesting- particularly where he says he did it with the SIMPLEST equipment he had with him - I'd love to see his most complicated equipment... :cool:

Archived