Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I've just bought an eq2 for my Sky Watcher 80. Its a shame it will not arrive in time for the SP, Oh well cant have it all.

Payed £62 delivered Might look into getting a motor unit for it in the future anyone know where I can get on cheap?

RD

I have my Skywatcher ST80 sitting on an EQ2 mount and it carries it very nicely. You might need to adjust / re-grease the DEC and RA slow motion controls to get smooth and backlash-free movement but that's pretty easily done.

You probably already know this but the ST80 will need some sort of adaptor to allow the standard tube rings to fit onto the standard EQ2 saddle - the holes in the mount saddle are 4-5 cm too far apart for the tube rings when they are clamped around the ST80's short tube. I ended up making a simple wooden adaptor which seems to work fine.

Have fun with it !.

John,

North Somerset

I have my Skywatcher ST80 sitting on an EQ2 mount and it carries it very nicely. You might need to adjust / re-grease the DEC and RA slow motion controls to get smooth and backlash-free movement but that's pretty easily done.

You probably already know this but the ST80 will need some sort of adaptor to allow the standard tube rings to fit onto the standard EQ2 saddle - the holes in the mount saddle are 4-5 cm too far apart for the tube rings when they are clamped around the ST80's short tube. I ended up making a simple wooden adaptor which seems to work fine.

Have fun with it !.

John,

North Somerset

Thanks Guys

I had to make an adaptor for my EQ 5 for that reason, I've got enough metal left to make one for the EQ2 :D

Should not be a problem. I'm also getting some 90mm O Rings with it that I do not need, £10 includes Postage to anyone that needs a pair :D

RD

Archived