NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telescope retailer nearest to Newcastle

Hello

I recently created a post about Meade scopes and suitable alternatives and received some excellent advice. I would like to visit a "friendly" shop, preferably as near to Newcastle as possible this week to bounce some ideas around before buying what i think is now best for me.

Could anyone let me know if they know of a shop nearby (NE or NW) that will offer really good advice and has a range of scopes available.

I do expect to have to travel over 150 miles from Newcastle .

Many thanks

Glencree

You will have to travel a lot further than 150miles. The onlyl one up north anywhere near only sells small refractors around christmas time in teeside. I have no idea where the nearest one is, but its almost certainly around or past the midlands.

Bonsers in the Bigg Market sell some Meade telescopes, but I don't know how much advice you will get. I go to the previously mentioned Rother Valley Optics, which is very close to the M1 (within your 150 miles certainly). There is also Stockport Binocular's new store near to them in Rotherham somewhere (I have never been).

The original Stockport Binocular shop is within walking distance of Stockport railway station, and if you are willing to go that far then there is Opticstar in Manchester.

NigelM (in Durham)

Archived