M63 - The Sunflower Galaxy

steppenwolf

Almost ashamed to post this one but I was so pleased that there was a bit of an imaging opportunity last night that I just had to have a go at something. The mist didn't help and at times, I lost contact with the guide star because it disappeared in the murk but it was better than the wall to wall cloud cover I have had for weeks!!

12 x 400 second subs with Skywatcher 8" Newtonian and SXVF-M25C.

m63_190509_l.jpg

I hope my first image after this weather induced break is as nice as that one Steve....

Looks like the SE crowd are in for some half decent weather - especially compared to what we have been having - Not much to look forward to here though :cool:

Peter...

Steve there's some nice detail in there m8

Given the conditions I think you've done a very good job.

Always seems lately that the few clear nights we get always seem to come with high thin cloud at some stage during the night.

I had the same problem last night but like you say, can't pass up on the chance of grabbing something.

Nothing to be ashamed of there Steve....nicely framed, tightly focussed and well processed :cool:

Just to get out imaging for a night is a miracle at the moment it seems....of course, when the moon is back soon it'll be perfectly clear!

Cheers

Rob

'Flocculated' - now there' s a word you don't hear too often but given the dictionary definition: Collected together in a loose aggregation like flocks (tufts) of wool - you can't argue with that!

Thanks for your comments folks.

Archived