New to Astro

Bill-T

Hi, I'm a keen photographer and have taken a few star trails, milky way shots etc but only just bought my first telescope a Celestron C90. I chose it because I hope to use it as a terrestrial spotting scope as well as for astro. 

• Like 1

Welcome to SGL 👋. The C90 has a focal length in the region of 1200mm and has a small fov as a result. Something to take into consideration. Good little scope for the planets and the moon.

Welcome to the club! You should keep in mind that to use it for astrophotography you must mount it on a motorized mount with tracking... An azimuth mount like SW AZ GTi or SW Star Discovery will work well for your C90, since, due to its long focal length, it will basically serve you to do astrophotography of the Solar System (Moon, planets, bright comets...). As for temptation, it is true, you have to take it easy...

Thank you, I have a SW AZ GTi, or will have again when it is returned after a warranty repair. I think the replacement is in the post. I have only used it in a very basic way so far with a camera using a variety of lenses 14-600mm

• Like 1