Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orange original C5 - focus control

The C5's a great little scope, but I find the focus knob is so light there's almost no feel of resistance; makes that final tweek just that bit more difficult.

Any recommendations on a 10:1 or similar adaptor which would make things easier?? ( don't want to go to electronic focussing on this one...yet)

Thats odd, I too have a Orange C5 and my focus is the oposite, a definate click type resistance, however I did notice 3 little screws holding a cupped housing over the knob were loose. I tightened them up and have a nice firm resistantce.

I've owned 2 C5's and both of them had very little resistance in their focusser. I've read that this is a common C5 trait - ultra smooth but lacking in "feel". I learned to live with it but I guess you could replace the focusser with a feathertouch micro-focusser - I know that you can get those for C8's.

John

Archived