Timelapse creation - Best program without too much faff.

Hello everybody,

We have been treated to some bright aurorae recently,  which is great with clear weather,  the snag I have is that my trusty Canon G7Xii is being mended at the moment, and it produces lovely timelapses for you on the SD card without any faff,  and of a size that I can load onto FB or show friends on social media.

So I have gone back to my 600D, and have generated a few hundred stills. 

Trying to find a nice straight forward piece of software that .....

1) Is easy to use and intuitive.  (eg. you don't need a degree in image processing)

2)  Produces an output that is not GB in size !!

3) Can convert the output to different formats

4)  Inexpensive or (ideally) free

....is proving a challenge.

Any recommendations from the Timelapsers on the forum.

fb.thumb.jpg.b849475a31b48a195f7f7d058a38b13d.jpg

One of the many stills !!

Thanks, Sean

2 hours ago, Craney said:

Hello everybody,

We have been treated to some bright aurorae recently,  which is great with clear weather,  the snag I have is that my trusty Canon G7Xii is being mended at the moment, and it produces lovely timelapses for you on the SD card without any faff,  and of a size that I can load onto FB or show friends on social media.

So I have gone back to my 600D, and have generated a few hundred stills. 

Trying to find a nice straight forward piece of software that .....

1) Is easy to use and intuitive.  (eg. you don't need a degree in image processing)

2)  Produces an output that is not GB in size !!

3) Can convert the output to different formats

4)  Inexpensive or (ideally) free

....is proving a challenge.

Any recommendations from the Timelapsers on the forum.

One of the many stills !!

Thanks, Sean

I've used panolapse (http://www.panolapse360.com) for several years. Easy to use, quick and free if you don't mind limiting yourself to 1280x720 as a maximum resolution. For higher resolution you need to buy a licence which is £60

• Thanks 1

Most video editing programs which allow importation of image sequences can do this easily, but you need to get familiar with the interfaces.

Also, file size is tied to export resolution, frame rate, colour bit depth, file export type, quality, codec if exporting video and whether any compression is applied, those are the main factors.

Edited by Elp