Rate my back focus

@TiffsAndAstro Sorry to hijack your thread, but I was wondering if you were having any banding problems with the new Svbony camera. They claim to have sorted out the problem - but I just wondered if you had seen anything? I have just purchased one direct from China - I couldn't resist at £460 with a DB filter. Hopefully, I won't get caught for import duties / VAT - I've always got away with it in the past. Chinese companies are very good at giving out tax exempt 'gifts' 🤣.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2024 at 16:25, AstroMuni said:

Siril suggests that you may have some tilt.

image.png.0dd392782aedb0a53d48af39f3438953.png

I'm not 100% on this, but I think you need a uniform star background to accurately assess tilt using Siril.  And supernovae can affect the calculations

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, 900SL said:

I got the stars from the NBZ from memory. I'll check my files, I keep everything :) I may have separated them and played around with colour tints. I should really keep notes when processing, but most of it is improv

Edit

90s dual narrowband using NBZ filter and 533MC Pro. The bandpass is around 12nm from memory. It's a good filter unless you are high bortle. I shot two lots of 90s subs over a couple of nights at reasonable altitude (very limited window for imaging due to trees and buildings), so total 2 hrs with some subs culled due to wind.

I did Starnett separation and worked on the starless and star versions seperately. No OSC RGB used

Edited by 900SL
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I wonder if I can do the same with my lextreme then... It would certainly help with not having to dual set up... Although I still don't know how you got much of the blue as the filter blocks out the vast majority of blue signal.

Edited by Elp

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Clarkey said:

@TiffsAndAstro Sorry to hijack your thread, but I was wondering if you were having any banding problems with the new Svbony camera. They claim to have sorted out the problem - but I just wondered if you had seen anything? I have just purchased one direct from China - I couldn't resist at £460 with a DB filter. Hopefully, I won't get caught for import duties / VAT - I've always got away with it in the past. Chinese companies are very good at giving out tax exempt 'gifts' 🤣.

No so far seems great. Did a sharp cap sensor analysis. No band but only done one minute darks but their histogram looks normal.

IMG_20240628_224958.thumb.jpg.2bfec04a73e34fca7513c9f470e788d1.jpg

Also quick test stacks on veil nebula and m101 and a meh 2 panel mosaic of m31

I set my offset to 5/100 which might be low...

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 900SL said:

I'm not 100% on this, but I think you need a uniform star background to accurately assess tilt using Siril.  And supernovae can affect the calculations

The other way to do it is using NINA aberration inspector or EKOS Aberration Inspector. I think ASTAP also has some tools

On 05/07/2024 at 08:15, Clarkey said:

I did the same 3 weeks ago, having great trouble getting them to send it. "It's sent, It will be sent tomorrow, courier co. returned it but we sent It again a different way" Because of the time difference your tracking no. Is delayed...etc etc.

The 605cc I ordered is they say one of the updated models with the banding issue fixed. If I ever receive it I guess I'll find out lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steep said:

I did the same 3 weeks ago, having great trouble getting them to send it. "It's sent, It will be sent tomorrow, courier co. returned it but we sent It again a different way" Because of the time difference your tracking no. Is delayed...etc etc.

The 605cc I ordered is they say one of the updated models with the banding issue fixed. If I ever receive it I guess I'll find out lol.

Think mine took 12:days, sorry.

All the trackers I found for mine went from "sender is sending your package" for ten days to "royal mail your parcel is at sorting office" last two.

I think svb could improve this a bit :)

hope you get yours soon.

• Like 1