NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn with rings almost edge on (25/06/24)

Kon

I managed my first image of Saturn with the rings almost edge on this morning. Seeing was awful even in IR. Good for the record and I suppose planetary season is upon us. This is my first Saturn with the 12" and goto and it made life a lot easier as I could use an ADC at the low elevation. Skywatcher 300P Flextube Goto, asi462mc, 2.5xTV powermate, ZWO ADC, UV/IR cut filter. I also captured an IR image with the asi462mm and an IR pass filter.

image.png.cb87f92caf95b3f8e5c43a7c9e8d6cf4.png 

image.png.e82fedc2a7b40b3e567c383fc99ff2e9.png

• Like 25

1 hour ago, geoflewis said:

That's excellent to get such an early season Saturn Kostas, well done. I can't bring myself to stay up that late, or get up that early yet.....🙄

Thanks. I do not plan on getting up early again either; it is not worth it at 20 degrees elevation. I was just getting a bit jealous of seeing pics from others online 😜

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kon said:

Thanks. I do not plan on getting up early again either; it is not worth it at 20 degrees elevation. I was just getting a bit jealous of seeing pics from others online 😜

Great images I like the bands on the first image 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Albir phil said:

Great images I like the bands on the first image 👍👍

Thanks. I was hoping to derotate a few images to get more of the banding but this was the only decent one.

6 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Good start despite the seeing Kostas! I can understand you wanting to get an early shot with the big dob as the extra aperture will make the biggest difference on Saturn.

Thanks Stuart. I am loving the 12" and I have some serious plans for it this season 🤣. It's good to get things sorted eg ADC, fine tune collimation and also get the hand on setting it up at crazy hours. 

Will you start imaging soon?

• Like 2