Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Found and processed some old 2022 data of Jupiter.

This was fun. I think this was pretty close to opposition. I rember this eavening, it was Great seeding. In the back of my mind i always Know i did not process the data, and it always Bugged me, i thought the data were lost. But i found a bunch of old stacked data the other Day and this i just form one of the eavenings. I with i still had the .ser files though..

Anyway. Its aquired by Lucky imaging. Celestron c11 zwo asi 174mm, zwo rgb filters, 2x baader VIP barlow and I guess 45 seconds pr. chanel.

Processed and edited with AS2 i think(?), sharpend in Wavesharp beta and Photoshop. In PS i use ofcourse rgb combine function, despeckle, Nic collection sharpening, Topaz denoize lab, dust and scrsrches and I think I resized it 50% this is just one set of rgb's. I have stacked all 5 sets, but i screwd up in winjupos and have not had the time to redo the derotation yet. But i Will. So much time gos to my c14 fan + went holes and refurbishing project.

2022-07-29-0113_8-U-R-Jup_g3_ap16_conv_WS-f-3.png

2022-07-29-0113_8-U-R-Jup_g3_ap16_conv_WS-PS-3.png

2022-07-29-0116_2-U-R-Jup_g3_ap16_WSB-R-3.png

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

There is some good data here. I prefer the 1st smaller image, I think the other 2 images are over processed for my liking.

Yeah? I think #2 but anyway i could not get the autocolor function to work. It made the image way over exposed. I Read somewhere that I was possible to reset the function but I Could nit mange to fint out were in my PS version to do it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chrb1985 said:

Yeah? I think #2 but anyway i could not get the autocolor function to work. It made the image way over exposed. I Read somewhere that I was possible to reset the function but I Could nit mange to fint out were in my PS version to do it.

I rarely use PS in my planetary imaging workflow and do not know the autocolour function. I use the autobalance option in the Registax RGB Balance tool for colour adjustment, if I think it needs tweaking.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

I rarely use PS in my planetary imaging workflow and do not know the autocolour function. I use the autobalance option in the Registax RGB Balance tool for colour adjustment, if I think it needs tweaking.

I tredje that too but Nothing happend. Maybe i scewd up somewhere..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, geoflewis said:

Maybe the colour balance was already ok...🤷‍♂️

Maby. I just like the way it looks with autocolor in PS. I dont think everybody uses it thoug may en up resulting in an  even more artificially look.

• Like 1

First one is better than the others but still very noisy. The seeing was probably not the best as it seems to be soft.

I hope you don't mind, but your workflow is way  too complicated. If you have a soft capture no tool is going to make it look sharp. Keep imaging and hope for the good seeing one night.

The topaz is making a mess and it's more obvious on the 2 and 3 image. ALPO discourages AI tools.

Have a play with Astrosurface and imageanalyzer.  Many of us have moved to it. I haven't had much success with wavesharp.

Finally, worth getting longer captures per channel so you have more data. In the long term, you may want to consider an OSC camera as you can capture several colour videos and derotate them.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Kon said:

First one is better than the others but still very noisy. The seeing was probably not the best as it seems to be soft.

I hope you don't mind, but your workflow is way  too complicated. If you have a soft capture no tool is going to make it look sharp. Keep imagining and hope for the good seeing one night.

The topaz is making a mess and it's more obvious on the 2 and 3 image. ALPO discourages AI tools.

Have a play with Astrosurface and imageanalyzer.  Many of us have moved to it. I haven't had much success with wavesharp.

Finally, worth getting longer captures per channel so you have more data. In the long term, you may want to consider an OSC camera as you can capture several colour videos and derotate them.

IMO these are all excellent observations and recommendations 👍

• Thanks 1