NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wide-field Single Exposures of M13 (Hercules Cluster), M57 (Ring Nebula), and Albireo

I've never been a fan of stacking; I like the challenge of getting a decent image from a single exposure (it's a lot less time-consuming as well!) Here are a few one-offs using my Nikon D3200 and 127mm/180mm Mak-Casses with a little sweetening in Photoshop:

M13: 127mm Mak-Cass, 5s exposure, ISO 6400

ASTRONOMY-M13(HERCULESCLUSTER)5-26-24.thumb.jpg.916b0683d3c1945b4ebcab3481193d1f.jpg

M57: 180mm Mak-Cass, 10s exposure, ISO 6400

ASTRONOMY-M57(RINGNEBULA)CLOSE5-26-24.thumb.jpg.6b8e35731e57bb10f3a2be762af7d4e5.jpg

Albireo:  180mm Mak, 2.5 s exposure, ISO 3200

ASTRONOMY-ALBIREO5-26-24.thumb.jpg.2b9333a368562a7f8c992ddc1182d243.jpg

Cheers!

Reggie 🤩

• Like 11

nice pics, i like what you are doing, but would have liked to see pics with no touching or tweaking of any kind, just straight of the camera, with or without a telescope. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

lovely shots.

6 hours ago, apaulo said:

nice pics, i like what you are doing, but would have liked to see pics with no touching or tweaking of any kind, just straight of the camera, with or without a telescope. 

I also like to see single shot, none stack photo's. I wish there were more out there. Would be nice to have a Thread for single shot images

Edited by seven_legs
  • Thanks 1

Nice image of the ring nebula, an object for some reason I have yet to observe.  I like the idea of single sub images too. Here's a single sub (4 min I think) I have of the Rosette taken with my Redcat setup, some quick processing in PI. I actually need to get round to processing the whole data run on this one, been lazy :) 

Jim 

Rosetta Trial Single Sub.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, saac said:

Nice image of the ring nebula, an object for some reason I have yet to observe.  I like the idea of single sub images too. Here's a single sub (4 min I think) I have of the Rosette taken with my Redcat setup, some quick processing in PI. I actually need to get round to processing the whole data run on this one, been lazy :) 

Jim 

Rosetta Trial Single Sub.jpg

That's a fabulous image!

• Thanks 1

I have been meaning to get around to doing a few nights of 15-minute single subs on a lot of targets, but it needs to be a dark night with good transparency and the opportunity hasn't come.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ags said:

I have been meaning to get around to doing a few nights of 15-minute single subs on a lot of targets, but it needs to be a dark night with good transparency and the opportunity hasn't come.

I hope that opportunity comes, soon! A few minutes of imaging and the rest of the night observing🤩