Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky Safari on latest Android devices

Has anybody ever figured out how to get SS to display a custom horizon ie my back garden, on either SS6 or SS7? It used to work great on my Samsung S20 but since changing to an S23 it doesn't work? I have put the landscape picture into the correct folder via accessing the phone through a PC but it doesn't appear in the app? I wouldn't have bought SS7 Pro if I knew it wouldn't work!

I've just looked at my SS7 Plus and there doesn't seem to be an option to custom load one, only the dozen or so default presets to choose from.

1 hour ago, Elp said:

I've just looked at my SS7 Plus and there doesn't seem to be an option to custom load one, only the dozen or so default presets to choose from.

There never was an option to load from the app. You needed to put the png file into the Horizons folder through the file manager on the phone/tablet. The custom horizon could then be selected from the list in the app. The same method doesn't appear to work now though unless somebody has figured it out.

It may have something to do with since android 11 access to data folders is now restricted by the OS for security reasons.

Posted (edited)

I attached my phone to the laptop using a USB cable and copied the panorama file to

This PC\<phone name>\Internal shared storage\Android\data\com.simulationcurriculum.skysafari6plus\files\Horizon Panoramas 

On Android 12 phone

ETA clarify that this is SS6 plue

Edited by Gfamily