Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Testing out new camera we got recently

Am only just starting out with imaging, and getting back into astronomy in general. Bought first scope recently (Sky-Watcher Classic 250P)

Both taken with Rebel T7, mounted to the scope, one with no barlow lens and then the other was either with  a 2x or 3x (don't quite remember; was a few days ago and didn't note it down)

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Altocumulus said:

Looking good, and welcome to the Forum - and the rabbit hole that is imaging astronomy...

Thanks! It has been a very rewarding experience so far. First time seeing Saturn in the scope was amazing. Woke up my girlfriend at 5am to come see it :) I plan to get a shot of it soon hopefully

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Off to a great start! Very nice! They look sharp. I especially like the close-up. It looks a bit more contrasty to me. So your camera is a DSLR? Did you convert the shots to mono in processing or set the camera to mono? (at least, I don't think I see any colour? I like shooting in mono myself, I'm just wondering why).

Edited by LukeTheNuke

On 29/05/2024 at 15:26, LukeTheNuke said:

Off to a great start! Very nice! They look sharp. I especially like the close-up. It looks a bit more contrasty to me. So your camera is a DSLR? Did you convert the shots to mono in processing or set the camera to mono? (at least, I don't think I see any colour? I like shooting in mono myself, I'm just wondering why).

Yes it's a DSLR. All settings are default except for shutter speed, ISO, and the countdown timer to reduce vibration when taking the photo, and I didn't do any post-processing/stacking. These are the .jpegs directly from the camera, though I do also have the raw files; I'm just not experienced with editing those yet. I do have some daytime shots, I just haven't posted them yet, and I was still experimenting with the above mentioned settings, so the daytime photos I do have have a very dull/dark blue for the sky.

• Like 1