Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What the aurora was like for those that didn’t know what was happening…

I came across this excellent short video from a channel that often crops up on my YT feed. Claire does solo wild camping, and was out on a hillside without mobile reception on the night of the 10th when it all started to kick off in the sky around her.

With such easy access to good solar data and the communities like SGL or those on FB and Twitter, it’s easy for us to forget what it must be like for someone witnessing a big auroral event unfolding without any prior knowledge. Being alone and out in the wild must have made the experience even more intense. Her reaction is quite moving.

Worth a watch if you have a spare 10 minutes!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Thank you for posting that Video with Claire, I’ve watched quite a few of her adventures, she’s a tough one!

What a wonderfull opportunity and experience it was for her, and to record it all -sharing it with us.

I missed it even though I knew it was possible, I forgot and went to bed, damn!

I’ve booked marked the Aurora watch, and for those yet to have the app, SoHO viewer from the App Store to keep up to date with sun spots.

chaz

Edited by Chaz2b
  • Like 1

I've watched a few of Claire's videos, she's one tough woman, and some kind of wonderful, great that she had such a brilliant experience..

• Like 1

I follow Claire on youtube and she does put out some very good videos of her adventures and has a never ending appetite for camping. She has come to notice the beauty of the night sky which she shares in her videos.  I was also camping out that night but I had a clue to what was happening but still the intensity of it did surprise me. Claire really seemed to be going through some mixed emotions which is fascinating to see. I`ve already watched the video twice and will probably watch it many more times as a constant reminder of that night. 

• Like 1