Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What's the Weather like?

mareman48

Hi @All

I don't know about you, but this Winter and Spring has been the worst weather I've had for Astronomy in years.

Anyone getting any clear nights any other part of Dorset?

This is typical in my neck of the woods -->

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-08 at 20.23.34.jpeg

Very few clear nights, but I've lost count of the times a forecast clear night has disappeared. I'm not far from Chesil Beach.

I think I had four nights in January, but missed two at the end of the month due to injuries, nothing in February, two or three in March, one or two in April, and just one so far this month.

We're rapidly losing Astro Dark and soon I will likely have to switch from galaxies to Narrow Band.

It was nice last weekend from the Isle of Purbeck, and this weekends looking good 

PXL_20240504_234826932.NIGHT~2.jpg

Got my first real clear night last night, but wasn't feeling great, so only got a couple of hours in, typical.....

You have Steeple Leaze Farm close by, supposed to be a lovely spot 🤔

23 hours ago, kev100 said:

It was nice last weekend from the Isle of Purbeck, and this weekends looking good 

PXL_20240504_234826932.NIGHT~2.jpg

2 hours ago, mareman48 said:

Got my first real clear night last night, but wasn't feeling great, so only got a couple of hours in, typical.....

You have Steeple Leaze Farm close by, supposed to be a lovely spot 🤔

I've not been down to the farm, but the car park above tyneham was pretty good, as long as you only look south...