Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Leicester!

Delta

Hello all! I thought id join the cool kids after lurking on the forum for about 3 years.

I stumbled across the forum when I was searching for my first telescope. I ended up purchasing the Celestron Astro Fi 127 Mak which I absolutely adore (not so much the mount).

After that purchase and reading a lot more posts here, I have ended up with 8 scopes and very empty pockets!

I’d just like to thank the members here who have contributed to this :)

I’m only joking!

Looking forward to learning a lot more soon! Thanks!

• Like 5

Welcome! Not sure if you’re joking about the eight scopes or SGL members contributing to it but either way we are all responsible for each others empty pants….pockets! pockets here on SGL.

Hi! Not joking about the 8 scopes. They’re not high end or anything where I’ve had to sell my children for them. Just your run of the mill skywatcher/celestron type stuff! 

I wouldn’t solely blame the SGL community. I’d include YouTube and my poor self control when it comes to something new :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I like Leicester, having been a student there between 1972 and 75. Do you go into the countryside to observe?

Olly

I haven't yet. I didn't really want to haul my HEQ5 about so I recently purchased a Skywatcher AZ GTI and a Sharpstar 61EDPH III for "travel". I will venture out once work commitments calm down.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheycallmeRiver said:

EIGHT?!  😆  Welcome.

Unfortunately yes. I have no will power! I’m sure that’s a pretty low number here. I’ve seen members with quite a few listed in their signature haha!

On 10/05/2024 at 11:05, yuklop said:

Which of the eight is your favourite?

It really depends on what I’m trying to image. I like my 8” SCT for planets, the moon and just general looking. But a have a soft spot for my Evoguide 50 and my newly acquired sharpstar 61 because they look nice. I’m easily pleased :) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JonW73 said:

Hello!... also from Leicester!

Nice! Do you have any recommendations of local darksites?