NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Delabole Slate Quarry early dawn 4th May 2024

Posted (edited)

My Dslr version of the Delabole Slate Quarry, North Cornwall engulfed in mist. The quarry is over 425ft deep and 1.5 miles around. Imaged just after a good milky-way photography session. You can just make out the teapot asterim and Scorpius, with the fading milky-way. Taken on 4th May 2024 at 4.15am. Taken with Canon 600D and Samyang 14mm f2.8 lens, 1600iso 1/60. 2 images stitched together in Microsoft ICE and processed in Photoshop cs4. 

Clear skies 

Lee 

Quarry-Mist-Pano-4-5-24_edit_59345674846672.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 8

• AstroNebulee changed the title to The Delabole Slate Quarry early dawn 4th May 2024
Posted (edited)

You've made a lovely job of that Lee, well done.

Lateral thinking at its best  :)  I saw your other version but this one concentrates on the mist.

Dave.

Edited by davew
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, davew said:

You've made a lovely job of that Lee, well done.

Lateral thinking at its best  :)  I saw your other version but this one concentrates on the mist.

Dave.

33 minutes ago, mareman48 said:

Lovely Pic lee,

I'm not  that Fram from you ( Dorset)  and wish my skies were like that.

Very nice work.

Pat

Thank you both, so very much. 😊 It was to good an opportunity to miss getting this shot in, I just love how the quarry just hoovers up the mist (it rarely does that as the village is generally full of mist when it comes in here) . I'd been up most of the night with the dslr and milky-way and no work the next day so thought I'll go on a bit longer.

I am yet to process the landscape milky-way image and going to use another one of the mist filled quarry images for the foreground 

The skies aren't always like this, it's been a long time coming with clear skies, no moon and no work night. 

Clear skies

Lee 

• Like 1