Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sol 27.04.24

Posted (edited)

Taken wih Lunt LS50THa and ASI 120mm mini, awfull newton rings the first couple of tries so have a tilt adapter on the way. Toothpick came in handy for now to wedge down the side the eyepiece holder to get some camera tilt.🤬

Think i need to order a decent Higher frame rate camera.... 

I'm happy to hear which cameras your having success with.. 

final sun image merged.jpg

Edited by Dunc78
  • Like 10

Great picture! Technical question though - since that appears to be a negative image, how come you still have a black background with bright flares and prominences? 

Processed them separately. Tbh I just followed the fantastic YouTube vid from woodland hills camera and telescope. Quite long but learned alot from it. 

17 hours ago, Bugdozer said:

Great picture! Technical question though - since that appears to be a negative image, how come you still have a black background with bright flares and prominences? 

Windows based software ImPPG is free to download. Within it is a tone curve function that allows you to invert the image, amongst other adjustments. The Woodland Hills YouTube video goes through this.

• Thanks 2