NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Hyperion Aspheric 31mm or Skywatcher Aero ED 30mm ?

Baader Hyperion Aspheric 31mm or Skywatcher Aero ED 30mm ?

Thinking of buying a new 30mm eyepiece and the Baader Hyperion Aspheric looks prety good for the money, and I would expect it to be better than the cheaper Skywatcher Aero in a faster scope but is it? To be used in a f4.6 and f6 scope.

John

John,

I don't know if you have seen this yet:

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-reviews/75450-skywatcher-aero-ed-30mm-2-eyepiece.html

I've not tried a Hyperion Aspheric so I can't offer a comparison of the two but the ED30 is a pretty nice eyepiece, even at relatively short focal ratios. You do, generally, get what you pay for with eyepieces so I guess the Baader is likely to perform a little better than the Aero ED but the latter is no slouch.

John

I have tried the 31mm Aspheric and the 40mm Aero, but not the 30mm. I was very impressed with both, but just from memory I think the 31mm Aspheric didn't meet my expectations at times, given its cost.

In a side-by-side comparison I would imagine they would perform about equally to be honest, so I would go for the cheaper option.

Please note that I am talkign from memory and haven't done actual comparisons.

Andrew

Decision made, I've just picked up a Televue 22mm Panoptic on eBay for £140.00.

It's a bit shorter focal length than I was originally looking for, but after reading reviews the 22mm seems to be considered by many as one of the best Panoptics ever made so it'll do nicely.

John

Decision made, I've just picked up a Televue 22mm Panoptic on eBay for £140.00.

It's a bit shorter focal length than I was originally looking for, but after reading reviews the 22mm seems to be considered by many as one of the best Panoptics ever made so it'll do nicely.

John

Thats a great price for a great eyepiece John - congratulations :)

John

Archived