Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

High Point Scientific

No but you can calculate additional charges quite easily. If importing to the UK the vendor will normally charge 20pc VAT which is remitted to the courier company to pass onto HMRC upon importation. If not then the courier company will ask for this 20pc when the item lands in the country. Note the 20pc applies to item price + shipping.

Import duty applies to items higher than 135 which includes shipping cost as part of that 135 limit. The seller should be able to advise you of the export commodity code or Harmonised System (HS) code which you can cross reference with the item description on the gov website to see what pc if any duty will apply based on the item price. Commodity codes are mandatory as part of exporting goods so the seller should be able to advise.

If the seller doesn't use a prepayment system and take the additional costs at point of sale (POS) then you'll pay the VAT+Import duty to the courier company handling the importation once the item enters the country and clears customs. You'll have to pay the additional costs before they release the item to you for delivery.

Good evening Elp,

Many thanks for the detailed reply.

I would like to know if anyone has specific purchasing experience with High Point Scientific.

Many thanks, in advance.

Kind regards,

Ewan.

1 hour ago, maw lod qan said:

I'm in the States

I assume as per usual the prices listed are without tax as it's a state variable added cost?

20 minutes ago, Elp said:

I assume as per usual the prices listed are without tax as it's a state variable added cost?

You are correct. Customarily, only the retail price is listed, and the applicable sales or use tax is applied on checkout. It is a premier seller in the US and they answer email quickly. I’m certain they have extensive export experience. Here is the downside: the company is in New Jersey. Ewww.

• Haha 1

Many thanks for all the replies - I was just wondering if anyone had direct experience importing any items into the UK. I had no doubt that they were a reputable company.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Ewan.