Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TS-Optics GSO 114 mm f/12 Cassegrain Telescope

Just noticed this new scope from GSO and TS optics, very interesting! 400mm long and weighing in at 2.17 KG, makes it a good travel scope, F12 will make it good on planets and the moon. The only thing to put me off is the price, around £343 and importing it from Germany. I just hope @FLO have noticed this, because I for one am interested and they have supplied TS stuff in the past. I have the TS optics 6" CC, which is good, but not really very portable, but this ticks several boxes. I live in hope...

https://www.teleskop-express.de/en/beginner-astronomy-and-gift-ideas-241/telescopes-for-astronomy-279/ts-optics-gso-114-mm-f-12-cassegrain-telescope-ota-17569

Thoughts anyone?

• Like 1

On 21/04/2024 at 23:42, Louis D said:

That 38% linear secondary obstruction doesn't sound very conducive to good planetary contrast.

Finally found time to respond, my apologies for the lateness. 

Whilst I agree, any secondary obstruction can cause problems, this is the same as my TS optics 6" CC. I don't see too much of a problem there, neither do many other CC owners, it seems. That said, I am not sure I will be keeping that! 🤪

I guess it just triggered my curiosity when I saw it, I do like new things like this. I doubt I would get it at that price, but the only other easily portable solar system scope, I would guess would be a Mak. My CC holds collimation very well, as should this, so should be good for a backpack. :smiley: