Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Arp 120, close in.

Inspired by the 62.5 hr, Deep Sky West, TOA-130 image of the Eyes, which @gorann recently posted a link to, I thought I would see what detail I could tease out from my 8.5 hrs from Soggy Shropshire.

This is a close crop of the original Esprit 150/QHY268 image, I tried to add in another couple of hours from data collected from the same rig in 2022, but the colour processing was problematic, so I've stayed with just the recent data.

It can't hold a candle to the colour and detail extravaganza image that inspired me to have a go, but it is interesting how much of a crop you can get away with with the Esprit 150/IMX571 sensor combination.

Thanks for looking.

Image03eyes_8.27hrs.thumb.jpg.78d216ccdb45aa197aaa0c1f52a0c752.jpg

• Like 13

Ooh, I do like that, very much do I like that!

Masses of detail from such a close crop, and some lovely blue in the distorted spiral arms.

it's on my target list but with several unfinished HCG targets and the current rubbish weather it may have to wait until next year. I think "Galaxy Season" is effectively over for this year. :( .

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much Dave for your complimentary feedback.

I must be out of my mind but I’m going to try and image Arp 271 tonight, I supposedly have a clear but breezy 4 hour window…

• Like 1