Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 2264 The Cone Nebula with new kit

I've got very comfortable in my obsy and have decided I to get out more, well that's what my daughters tell me anyway!  I've purchased a new set up with the idea of taking it with me when we go away in our camper van.  The AM5 is amazing and makes setting up outside much less of a chore.

The is my first concerted effort and not enough data really but pleased with how it has come out.

Scope: Stella Mira 90mm triplet 

Mount: AM5

Camera: AS! 2600mc

IDAS NBZ dual band pass filter

44x3min subs all controlled with ASIair

Processed in PS

It's a bit blingy and "in your face " but I like it -  I was in a cheerful mood when processing!

TheConeNebulaNGC2264March2024v2.thumb.jpg.4be0ad09f6ea77342bfd6dcf2af6b36b.jpg

• Like 16

Welcome back, Martin. I don't think it's at all blingy. On the contrary, it has a subtle and natural look.

Are you sure about the chip distance, though? Three corners show elongation. 

Olly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Welcome back, Martin. I don't think it's at all blingy. On the contrary, it has a subtle and natural look.

Are you sure about the chip distance, though? Three corners show elongation. 

Olly

Thanks Olly.  I haven't got the flattener yet and it's a big chip!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Thanks Olly.  I haven't got the flattener yet and it's a big chip!

That should sort it. It really is a stunning chip. I'm using it in two OSC iterations, a ZWO and a generic Telescope Service variant. I think it tends to be more sensitive in the blue but it's clean, fast and vice-free.

Olly

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

That should sort it. It really is a stunning chip. I'm using it in two OSC iterations, a ZWO and a generic Telescope Service variant. I think it tends to be more sensitive in the blue but it's clean, fast and vice-free.

Olly

Yes, very pleased with the camera but also the NBZ filter.  Looking forward to using it on a non filtered broadband target.

• Like 1