SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Askar 120 APO + 1x flattener first light (single sub)

Set my alarm for 2 AM this morning but the first break in the clouds didn't arrive until after 3:30 so Met Check and the Beeb got it wrong. Anyway set-up, focused and tracked on NGC 6888 sitting east/south east for me. managed 4 subs of 120 seconds each before clouds completely swamped things but hey it's a first light with a new scope what more could I expect!

Only one sub wasn't partly clouded out so I've run with that. Captured on an ASI 2600 MC DUO, gain 101, offset 25, filter used: an Askar Ha/OIII 6nm NB. NINA used for capture, PI used for the processing of the single sub.

Specifics: RC Astro's Noise and Star Exterminate within PI otherwise just Curves transform,  SCNR and Saturation used. Original uncropped just reduced in size for display here.

Pixel peepers welcome...

NGC6888_Ask120APO_AskHaOIII6nm_1x120sf7.png

• Like 2

Great image Francis 👍

I thought long and hard about the Askar when I was looking for a 120mm scope. I eventually went with a different manufacturer but maybe I could have saved a bob or two buying the Askar ? 

Thanks for sharing 🙂