Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

An imager is born!

😅 Don’t get too excited, my first DSO happens to be a hand held image with my iphone 11. As horrendous as it is, I actually found myself quite stoked, I really didn’t expect anything when I gave it a go but I see color! and I see myself wanting imaging equipment now, what have I done?  the unthinkable. 

Telescope- Celestron Starsense dob

Camera- not the right one

flats- 0

darks- not dark enough

whites- maybe

Stacks?- 1

exposure- 3 seconds 

64DC3741-3871-43D6-A485-E6C7C7710965.thumb.jpeg.477f5d49bfaaef3ebff54fa91322caf3.jpeg

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 8

• Sunshine changed the title to An imager is born!

Great first effort! I am sorry you are hooked into imaging đŸ€‘.....I am glad I got into planetary than DSO as it seems to be a much more expensive part of the hobby. Enjoy and looking forward to more of your posts.

• Like 2

I really enjoy seeing what you can do with a smartphone. And apart from an adapter (which cost me £9.99) and a few apps of around £2.99, it hasn’t cost me anything. Just about everyone has a smartphone and it’s something just about anyone can do. Even without a telescope.

Your image reminds me of the first time my daughter saw the Orion Nebula. She wasn’t impressed! Although it was in Bortle 7 with a small 4.5” reflector and I doubt that her eyes were dark adapted. However, just hovering our phone camera over the eyepiece showed colours and literally had Alice jumping up and down. And that was without even taking a picture. It kind of saved the night and got her very much interested in Orion.  

Edited by PeterStudz
  • Like 1