Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My HEM15 has arrived

Ags

I was using the hand controller, I just never bothered putting a battery in the hand controller or setting up date/time on it - I thought that would all come from the Air... The air does set some info like location, but not all, it would seem.

I object to setting up the hand controller. Having two sources of time and location information is very, very wrong and asking for trouble. But it is what it is.

I don't particularly like using it either, though it doesn't apply to the hem15, I've read someone blew the board in their gem28 by trying to connect directly to the mount. So I'll keep to manufacturer recommendations.

The battery in the HC lasts for quite a while so no real concern of it loosing time or anything. When you plate solve in the air you can press the button sync to mount and I believe this aligns the mount model to the actual pointing location as calculated by the air. I've never felt the need to use this though.

• Like 1

I had a bit of clear sky and tried out the mount with its updated handset. No difference in goto accuracy unfortunately. Added 30 minutes to M51 but then the clouds came back!

Also be sure without the air connected to set your zero position on the hand controller, slew so your scope is pointing roughly on top and in line with mount at the pole star, then set zero position.

Then when you connect your air, one of the first things I do is "goto home", it shouldn't move as it's already in the zero position, if the alignment is correct it should also return the scope back to the zero position you set on the hand controller if you've slewed it to anywhere else prior. At times I've had the air "reset" the home position causing all sorts of goto errors including causing the scope to kamikaze and point toward the ground.

Note usually with the air connected to the hand controller, you don't need to touch the hand controller thereafter, all the control is done in the air app.

Edited by Elp