Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WiFi Connection Problem

I assembled my recently arrived Star Watcher GTi. I have power. I'm set up inside my house. Numerous attempts to connect the mount with my android phone via SynScan Pro have been unsuccessful. Do I need to go as far as purchasing SynFiAZ  wireless adapter? I read elsewhere that any WiFi signal can interfere with acquiring a connection between one's phone and the mount. I'm stuck at this point in time. 

The presence of another WiFi network shouldn't stop you connecting, though with some phones you have to tell them not to switch from the mount to another network in order to get an Internet connection (which the mount network does not provide, of course).

Also, make sure to switch off the phone's mobile network connection.

If you're connecting to a WiFi which does not have Internet access (eg Skywatcher hot-spot) your phone can disconnect after a short time. There is an option on Android phones to keep a WiFi connection even if there's no Internet, I think it pops up the first time you pair and connect to a new device.

If you don't see this option, you can always unpair from the mount and re-pair to see if you can enable this.

Start with that, and see if you can connect through the SysnScan app.

54 minutes ago, Richard_ said:

If you're connecting to a WiFi which does not have Internet access (eg Skywatcher hot-spot) your phone can disconnect after a short time. There is an option on Android phones to keep a WiFi connection even if there's no Internet, I think it pops up the first time you pair and connect to a new device.

If you don't see this option, you can always unpair from the mount and re-pair to see if you can enable this.

Start with that, and see if you can connect through the SysnScan app.

I have not been able to pair to the mount thus I am also unable to unpair. How else can one pair to the mount without relying on the SynScan app? My problem is that I have not been able to connect though the SynScan app. I restarted my phone (Samsung 10e) and mount several times.  Thanks for you help.

1 hour ago, Zermelo said:

The presence of another WiFi network shouldn't stop you connecting, though with some phones you have to tell them not to switch from the mount to another network in order to get an Internet connection (which the mount network does not provide, of course).

Also, make sure to switch off the phone's mobile network connection.

I have the Mobile Hotspot connection turned off. I assume that is what you are referencing? I am in my house. My phone is connected to my house WiFi signal.

24 minutes ago, Telescopist said:

I have not been able to pair to the mount thus I am also unable to unpair. How else can one pair to the mount without relying on the SynScan app? My problem is that I have not been able to connect though the SynScan app. I restarted my phone (Samsung 10e) and mount several times.  Thanks for you help.

22 minutes ago, Telescopist said:

I have the Mobile Hotspot connection turned off. I assume that is what you are referencing? I am in my house. My phone is connected to my house WiFi signal.

On your phone, you will need to disconnect from your home WiFi and connect to the Skywatcher Synscan WiFi network broadcasted by your mount. Once you're connected, you should be able to open your app and control the mount.

Below is the screenshot from the manual, which I've also attached.

Give this a try and see if this works :)

Screenshot_20240207-1633482.png.3d3a67edacfe92be8e4791568d222111.png

sagti_manual_rev8c.pdf

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Richard_ said:

On your phone, you will need to disconnect from your home WiFi and connect to the Skywatcher Synscan WiFi network broadcasted by your mount. Once you're connected, you should be able to open your app and control the mount.

Below is the screenshot from the manual, which I've also attached.

Give this a try and see if this works :)

Screenshot_20240207-1633482.png.3d3a67edacfe92be8e4791568d222111.png

sagti_manual_rev8c.pdf 4.24 MB · 0 downloads

I was just about to state this fact but you beat me to it 👍 

• Like 1

Hi if you go into manage networks on your phone you can tell it to forget that network , you need to connect to the Wi-Fi first on your phone should come up as Synscan and some numbers once connected  it will tell you it does not have internet also turn off auto connect to any other networks you have on your phone that are paired with your phone , once it's connected to sw Wi-Fi on your mount butw go to the app and connect to the telescope