Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Has my luck changed?

old_eyes

So last night (17th/18th Jan), was cold and fairly clear throughout. There was a lot of moisture in the air so not a deep black velvety night, but good enough for some imaging. Using Voyager Advanced for control of my observatory I was able to run from 17:55 through to 06:50. Now there were interruptions for cloud, and some failed subs where the guide star was lost, but this is the longest imaging run I have managed for nearly a year!

I know it is pretty stupid to be trying to do astrophotography in North Wales, but the last 12 months have been atrocious. I hope this is a harbinger of a better winter/spring season in 2024.

Not far from you in Chester, and I also managed my first DSO's of 2024, namely M45 and M33 (photos posted in DSO Imaging part of forum), although I only imaged from around 6 pm to 11 pm as I wanted a good night's sleep!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iantaylor2uk said:

Not far from you in Chester, and I also managed my first DSO's of 2024, namely M45 and M33 (photos posted in DSO Imaging part of forum), although I only imaged from around 6 pm to 11 pm as I wanted a good night's sleep!

Had a quick squint at your M45 and M33. Very nice.

The fatigue (and quite frankly boredom) of imaging all night pushed me towards greater automation. As I age, I find it a godsend.

No finished projects from last night (I have several on the go that are partially finished), but I might put up a couple of "the story so far".