Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter with GRS - 10 Jan 2024

Having said that the Io transit of the GRS on 9 Dec would be my last planetary session this apparition, I was tempted out again on 10 Dec. The conditions were much calmer, with the wind having abated and whilst the seeing was far from good, it was better than the previous night. I ran a sequence 20x1m SERs, but on review the last few were very poor, so I split the first 14 SEEs into 2 sets of 7, ran them through AS3!, Registax and WinJupos detotation, then took the 2 higher qualty images back through WinJUpos for manual derotation. Final wavelets, colour saturation and vibrancy were applied in Astrosurface and Image Analyser.

2024-01-10-2013_6-GDL-WJ-RGB-LD50_AFP(man-de-rot)_AS_IA_AFP.jpg.c97e65e297f90df5d8a5a361a9e6da27.jpg

I'm tempted to say again, that this will definitely be my last planetary imaging session until the summer, but who knows....πŸ™„πŸ€”

Edited by geoflewis
  • Like 12

Nice under this weather.

16 hours ago, geoflewis said:

I'm tempted to say again, that this will definitely be my last planetary imaging session until the summer, but who knows....

Until I message you that we should be out imaging 😜.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kon said:

Nice under this weather.

Until I message you that we should be out imaging 😜.

Thanks Kostas and yes, but you were also responsible for 'encouraging' me to try to image Uranus back in Nov, for which I am extremely grateful...:wink2:

Edited by geoflewis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Thanks Kostas and yes, but you were also responsible for 'encouraging' me to try to image Uranus back in Nov, for which I am extremely grateful...:wink2:

We are 'bad' influence to each other 🀣.Β  I think our planetary imaging season is over until spring/summer. (I might try Mercury if the weather improves...I will message you πŸ˜‚)

• Haha 1

Words and phrases I avoid: never, always, one more, no more, just this time, my worst, my best, my last - they get me every time!

BTW, lovely, smooth and natural image, Geof :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, orion25 said:

Words and phrases I avoid: never, always, one more, no more, just this time, my worst, my best, my last - they get me every time!

BTW, lovely, smooth and natural image, Geof :)

Thanks Reggie, some sound advice there tooΒ :thumbright: