NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First light

Posted (edited)

Well not to be undeterred I quickly set up at 7 tonight knowing I had approximately 2 hours of clear sky.

Firstly I was able to align perfectly to Jupiter and Pollux which was the next brightest I could see - absolutely spot on! 
So that issue what ever it was is resolved. 

i  was using the startravel 102 - what a beauty of a scope it is - absolute keeper of a scope. It punched through the LP and gave me a crystal clear view of Jupiter and her 4 moons - slight CA as expected with the 102 but some how it added to the beauty and I didn’t mind it one bit! I was in awe of what I could see, I could clearly make out the belts on Jupiter- simply stunning even got meteor flying over - truly majestic.has a look around at M31 also and a few casual slews across the sky - really superb. I’ve had a few scopes in my time, a Celestron 8se, a Sky-Watcher 130, of them all the 102 is my clear favourite, sturdy, robust, well made and pin sharp in its focus and clarity - absolutely love it and will never ever sell it! 
If anyone is looking for a budget friendly wide field scope that punches above its weight I’d highly recommend it. next clear night I will compare to the 127 Mak and see how it does. 
as for the zwo224 - still couldn’t get it to work even through the diagonal so needs more work but will keep trying !

it’s certainly not going to spoil whats been a perfect night ! 💫🤗

Edited by Beardy30
Spelling error
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

Lovely to read that, super

Yea amazing few hours with that scope tonight - just gutted it’s bedtime, work tomorrow and it’s a lovely clear night here