Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunt 60 with 50 mm DS elalon.

Hi,  I just want to know if a IR/UV KG3 from beloptic is worth to use with an 50 mm DS etalon for Lunt 60?  I know for single it's way too bright... and what are the differences with the original blue filter?  Thanks for the tip.  

I would think the difference would mainly be the degree of image attenuation.  I'm visual only but the IR/UV  KG3 might be suitable for imaging only.  The standard blue filter is usually available from Lunt or one of their vendors.    🫠

surprising,I thought that you could need more brightness with the 50 mm double stack for more magnification and brighter prominences ...no idea how dimm the views  with the double stack 50 is... thanks for your suggestion. 

I would ask on solar chat - they’ll know about this filter. 
But have you tried the standard Lunt kit? I didn’t think the double stack 50 was dim at all. But you’ll be limited to powers up to about 70x - that’s more to do with the lack of resolution than brightness. For visual it’s critical that you cover your head and block out any external light. Then high power views are much more impressive.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I asked Oliver from beloptic. The filter was  specially made for the Lunt 60 tilt with50 DS if you want a brighter view for both visual and imaging. I will give it a try....ll'l see if it worth or not.

Edited by andre2