Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

oalive and oacapture 1.9.0 on Astroberry

RubberDuck

Hi,

I am taking my very first steps in astrophotography and am starting by trying to connect my Nikon Z6ii and D3100 cameras to oacapture and oalive v1.9.0 in Astroberry and have the following issues:

• oalive recognises and connects to both cameras
    • pressing "start" when connected to Nikon X6ii triggers opens the shutter and then oalive hangs until the camera is powered off; the "stop" or "restart" buttons do not work
    • no image appears
  • oacapture does not recognise any of the two cameras

Notes

• Both cameras are in "bulb mode"
  • Astroberry is up-to-date (apt-get update & apt-get upgrade)

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

I've looked at oacapture in the past but not really used it. My memory is telling me that it's written by an active member of SGL.

Perhaps a search of the forum would bring up some info and reveal who the writer is (I can't remember with certainty). 

23 hours ago, Elp said:

Are you doing planetary imaging? If you're doing DSO Kstars and Ekos within it (the Observatory icon button at the top of Kstars) is better.

Not yet, I am really just starting out and thought I try to get the camera working on my PI :-)

23 hours ago, Elp said:

Are you doing planetary imaging? If you're doing DSO Kstars and Ekos within it (the Observatory icon button at the top of Kstars) is better.

Got a video feed from KStars with EKOS - thanks for the tip!

• Like 1