Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 01/12/2023 APM140F7

melsmore

Another attempt at Jupiter, this time using the barlow tube rather than attaching it directly to end of the ADC. This should have given me closer to F28 compared to F21 - better for my 5.6 micron pixel size?

Processed in astrosurface (alignment, selection and wavelets), with registax for colour balance and Gimp for adding the text and curves/levels. I think its better than my 24/11/2023 attempt - no grid pattern, and the seeing wasn't as good this time either.

2023-12-01-2203_4-Capture_100r_40T_2252reg3RX_Gi.png.6ce24ca05ca12ea3202ab0022831b406.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, geoflewis said:

Very nicely done, colour balance is good. Either the seeing was very poor (you hinted at that), or you didn't quite get tight focus.

You' may well be right: my rig is just over 11kg on a Vixen GPD2 (rated for 10kg). Focusing and setting the ADC is a wobbly challenge. It's alright for visual but ..... 🤔 I think it's time to sell some scopes to fund an upgrade.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...