The 8" images to go with the widefields

Psychobilly

Agian Roughs as left the darks, flats bias in the house... 1000D Baader ACF CLS-CCD CPC800 XLT @ f6.3

Globs are 5 exposures each at 30,60,120 and 240s at ISO1600

M3

[ATTACH]21689[/ATTACH]

M13

[ATTACH]21690[/ATTACH]

IC5416 Cocoon Nebula 10x300s ISO 1600...

[ATTACH]21691[/ATTACH]

M51 14x300s ISO1600

[ATTACH]21692[/ATTACH]

Peter...

Thanks john... will add the flats bias darks etc into the mix tonight... although I am getting much better results with the version of DSS I am running in work than the one I have got inthe house?

The one in the house has a CFA column and it's lost the exposure one etc...which is a PITA when your tryign to do HDR substacks :)

Hmmm....

It was just nice to have got the guiding issues sorted which was the main thing last night... a few images area bonus :)

Peter

Thanks phil,

Getting the propellor was one of my objectives for last night... I am thinking of using a layering approach in CS3 to try and improve the detail in the core... this is just the result of letting DSS stack all the different length subs...

Will have a crack at it this afternoon but havent got the flats , bias and darks...

Peter...

Thanks Rog.. you know what it's like when something "slips" and you seem to be going backwards...

I made the "fatal" mistake changed 2 things at the same time.. I "improved" the alignment of the pier now that the scopes are setup permanently in the obs and I "tweaked" the PHD settings ... result 2 nights of throwing away half my subs...

I had made a note of all the settings before changing them so was able to reset them to these that I had been using "successfully" for the last few months and the pics are the result...

I am sure something else will creep up gain just when you think eveything is going swimmingly...

Peter....

Archived