Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

30.10.2023, Using two different setups for camera and exploring derotation options

Fedele

I'm new on derotation things

with C8 EdgeHD

i m exploring options. This night i have tested two different setup 

setup 1= PowerMate 2,5 x, FIltro TS IR/UV cut, ASI224MC
setup 2: ADC, AP 1,8 X e vari accessori, setup ideato da Armando Zurlo, FIltro TS IR/UV cut, ASI224MC

files compressed images

ggregegeggg.png

396699055_10227299056056276_6022711275757550612_n.jpg

• Like 3

An excellent project and very nice images. Did you reach any conclusions yet about the different configuration? I've been imaging at ~F12/F13, essentially the native FL of my C14 with the slight amplification from the ADC, so undersampled. I needed the ADC for Saturn, but I'm probably done imaging that this year, so with Jupiter now up at ~50° I found that the ADC prisms are set to zero. Hence I'm thinking of taking it the ADC out and attaching my Baader barlow lens inside the camera nosepiece to get me up to ~F18, which would be a bit over sampled with the ASI462MC camera (2.9mn px), but probably making full use of the potential resolution of the rig.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fedele said:

if C14 is an EDGE, consider that respecting of  the back focus is mandatory not only for Sample, 
Yes, I think we can remove the ADC now.

My C14 is not an Edge, but an older Starbright XLT. I will try without the ADC though, so thanks for your feedback.