Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Scope repair uk

At the weekend my WO ZS73 blew over, was mounted on an heq5, wind came out if nowhere as it was a decent day otherwise!

Anyway, it all seemed OK but on examination of stars that night, I seem to have very elongated stars at one side of the image.  I'm wondering if it's possible to contact somebody like ES Reid and have them take a look at it?Screenshot_20231019-152819_Messenger2.jpg.207fac6be1d82b9ad6659a1436dd4fcd.jpg

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, blinky said:

I don't know how you do that?

You can place a well collimated laser in the focuser and check that the laser is hitting the centre of the objective. You can place a paper template over the objective with the centre spot marked on it 

• Like 1

So.... Took everything apart again tonight - when it fell over the OAG came apart, in inspection tonight, there is a 1mm or so burr of metal that just pinged off.  Put it all back together and it seem to be performing as well as before.  Time will tell, only did a few test images and looked at the corners bit it seems a lot better