Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another 'boring' Jupiter side 02 Oct 2023

BGazing

Sorry guys (and girls), no GRS or moons or transits this time.

Turned out better than I expected, seeing was iffy and transparency also not that great, had to up exposure to compensate. This is 6 minutes of video derotation, 15K frames stacked.

2023-10-02-2125_8-derot_limit018820-024820_lapl6_ap80.png fin

Edited by BGazing
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, Kon said:

Very nice image. Very nice fine details. Do you find video derotation better than the tiff derotation?

Thank you. I am never sure about tiff derotation if there are no moons to anchor to. Video derotation is time consuming, but it is done by the computer, once you set the parameters.

OTOH, Saturn is relatively easy to do image derotation because of the rings.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Maurizio83 said:

Beautiful image!  Have you used the C8? The idea of video derotation is interesting and worth trying! 👍

It was again C11. I will dig out and reprocess my best C8 data at some point.

I find video derotation, once you get a hang of it, a bit less tricky than image derotation - for Jupiter (emphasis added). But I would not go past 6 minutes for color camera, too much rotation. There's a good instruction about this in the FAQ portion of the relevant CN subforum.

• Like 1