Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter reprocess from 09/09/23

Kon

I had a play with those images but couldn't match the sharpness of your processed result. You're certainly in the processing groove now Kostas 👍

I'll have another go with astro surface. Got close with registax by turning Denoise off completely but still not quite as good as your AS result.

PM me Geoff if you want to have a go with IA. I did promise to talk you through it 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I had a play with those images but couldn't match the sharpness of your processed result. You're certainly in the processing groove now Kostas 👍

I'll have another go with astro surface. Got close with registax by turning Denoise off completely but still not quite as good as your AS result.

PM me Geoff if you want to have a go with IA. I did promise to talk you through it 🙂

Thanks Stuart. I am trying to take the best bits of each program. I am having some offline chat with Geof about Astrosurface.

I have the links and video you sent me on IA that I can forward to Geof.

• Like 1

I also tried applying the key steps of my processing standard procedure to your image (Astrosurface + GIMP), and the result seems to be approximately equivalent to yours. Probably, we are following the same steps.

2023-09-09-0358_4-Jupiter_pipp_lapl4_ap288-elabo.png

Edited by Maurizio83
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Maurizio83 said:

I also tried applying the key steps of my processing standard procedure to your image (Astrosurface + GIMP), and the result seems to be approximately equivalent to yours. Probably, we are following the same steps.

Very nice Maurizio. Yes I mostly use Astrosurface and Gimp  these days as well. Your processing is always spot on so it is nice to see a similar result to mine. I tent to resized my images to 120% but I think the original capture size is preserving more of the details (I do not think you have resized here).