Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Pac man nebula

Hi there

I was having trouble with my handset and alignment my scope would not point in the right direction. After everyone gave their advice it was something really silly and no one thought of it, it was to reset my handset lol, so becaurse i was having trouble i had to find my own way to the pac man nebula i finally found it and i took 3 hrs worth of 120 seconds and come up with this after processing in pixinsight and photoshop thanks for looking

Rhoda

53196282852_f9ac3b2954_o.jpg

• Like 11

A very good first image. Well done. A bit over processed as Stuart says though the jpg compression probably isn't helping. Stars on the left are showing coma/elongation type artifacts compared to the right side where they're pretty good. You don't say what scope you're using and whether you're using a coma corrector or field flattener, but that's for later images to address. Getting the basics right is the main thing and you seem to have done that well. 😊

Alan

• Like 2

Lots of nice things to say about this.  Well done finding it manually. 

Lots of nice detail in the middle but as said above, too much noise suppression in the outer areas.  Also something odd about the star shapes. 

Carole

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1