NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Seestar S50 images

M40

10 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

i still can't find anyone who makes an eq mount with motorised alt/az adjustments

I thought about it several times. It shouldn't be difficult to do, but I stop my considerations every time I realise that a leveling also should be motorised which is much more difficult. 

Edited by Vroobel
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

Seeing these images really wants me to seriously think of buying a  seestar S50. Outstanding images everyone and much more portable than my AzGti was in EQ mode. 

I'll have to do some more research on the seestar. I find the processing of images quite easy on my old setup. It's either that or a star adventurer 2 for my Widefield astrophotography. 

Clear. Skies

Lee

Hi Lee, for me the great advantage of the Seestar is the rapid and easy setup time and the ability to image small and distant DSO's. I could get a similar FOV's with my existing equipment but the setup time would be very much longer although the image quality would be (hopefully) better.

With the short windows of imaging opportunity we are having at the moment the Seestar has been of great value and fun for me. 

Laurence

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was very sceptical about the Seestar S50, but I can see that stubborn imagers can get a lot out of this smartcsope. That doesn't make me buy it though.  :D

• Haha 1

The Wizard Nebula, NGC 7380 with 9 hours of integration over the last 3 days, so with some Moonlight in the way, but the internal LP filter does help. Stacked and processed in Pixinsight to create Hubble Palette colors.

Regards

Image277.png

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Recretos said:

The Wizard Nebula, NGC 7380 with 9 hours of integration over the last 3 days, so with some Moonlight in the way, but the internal LP filter does help. Stacked and processed in Pixinsight to create Hubble Palette colors.

Regards

Image277.png

Superb image, you've put a lot of work into that.

On 10/06/2024 at 20:57, Recretos said:

Whirpool Galaxy M51, with 22h of integration (8020*10s), stacked and processed in Pixinsight. I did not push the sharpening and denoising all the way in these images, as it does start to degrade fast, and denoise tends to remove detail and deform the galaxy. However, I must say I never dreamed of capturing such images with a small device like the Seestar. I live in Bortle 3 at 1050m (3500ft) above sea level, so the conditions likely help the outcome. One image has a bit more saturation, as I just tried two different approaches and couldn't decide which is better.

I got my Seestar S50 in mid-February, and I also bought Pixinsight at that time. So, being only 4 months into this hobby, I welcome constructive feedback and criticism from the more (or less) experienced folk, as that is probably the best way to grow your skills. Thanks for watching.

Untitled-58bin-3.thumb.jpeg.155ff4cf5149a7731d5bf1dd2600f875.jpeg

Untitled-64.thumb.jpg.0d13be80780d62a12eeb4d197bbfdb9c.jpg

Just shows what this little scope can do given good location and processing 

• Like 1

Here are comet 13P Olbers and NGC5033, from 20 June. Images from smartphone. The NGC5033 has turned out well considering the indifferent sky conditions.  

BTW, since a recent update, the images saved to an Iphone now have a more informative filename (which you might be able to see here), rather than the previous IMG1234 format.

Stacked_61_13P_10.jpg

Stacked_285_NGC-5033_10.jpg

• Like 3