Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron SE Mounts

sojourneyer

Celestron has 4 models representing their SE series of telescopes -- 4SE/5SE/6SE AND 8SE with the first one being their only MCT.

My question is: Do they use the same mount with all 4 of these scopes? If not how many mounts are there in this lineup?
I have read albeit not substantiated that the mounts for the 6SE and 8SE are the same but then others say the mount base is larger for the 8SE than the 6SE.

So what is the story about these mounts?

Thank you

Edited by sojourneyer
repeated sentences

There are two SE mounts: the 4/5 SE and the 6/8 SE.  The 4/5 SE mount is smaller and has a built-in wedge for equatorial mode (probably less useful than it sounds). 

These mounts are intended for visual use and are quite portable.  The same OTAs are available with other mounts, some more suited to imaging.

Thanks fellows.  I have the mounts for the Celestron GT and SE scopes but could not recall if the sizes of the mounts were the same for all the SE models.

I would imagine that the 4/5 SE mounts are the same as the SLT mounts just flipped around.