NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A nonad of Cepheus Sh2's - finally in SHO

Adreneline

Finally got a break in the weather sufficient to capture OIII and SII data to go with my existing Ha.

This is a two pane mosaic taken with the Samyang 135mm + ASI1600MM with Antlia 3nm filters.

Pre-processed in APP and post-processed in PI using all the Xterminators. Pure SHO combination with magenta removed and all but 5% of the green cast.

Nine_in_Cepheus_SHO.thumb.jpg.d9a53e3a7cf1de60b9d87b6a9d712d34.jpg

I think a third pane would be helpful to extend the f.o.v. just a little to the right of IC1396 - but maybe the same thing can be said for extending to the left! Where to stop.

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

• Like 16

9 hours ago, peter shah said:

seamless...lovely 

Thank you Peter. I know many prefer PI but when it comes to stitching panes together for a mosaic APP makes it so easy and providing you've removed background gradients (also very easy in APP) the seams are invisible.

Thanks again.

Adrian

2 hours ago, MartinFransson said:

That´s a beautiful pano! I´m hoping to get back into astro photography myself and this is inspiring!

Thank you Martin. When it all goes to plan AP is a great and rewarding hobby and wide field images of large areas of nebulosity are always captivating.

Thanks again.

Adrian

11 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Great framing idea!

Olly

Thank you Olly.

I actually took a third Ha frame centred on IC1396 but so far I've not been able to get the OIII and SII. I feel IC1396 is a bit too close to the edge - but I guess you could say the same for Sh2-142. The mosaic dilemma - where to stop?!

Adrian

• Like 1