Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sagitta - an experiment

Richard N

By way of an experiment, I wondered if I could capture the essence of a constellation on a page. Sagitta seemed like a good one to start with. Here is my template ready for sketching at the eyepiece. Anyone else tried something similar?

IMG_4994.jpeg

• Like 8

very good idea. I wanted to pre-draft something for a similar multi-EP FOV approach to Markarians chain earlier this year but on a pre recce to the area couldn't see enough targets to make the approach work. I look forward to seeing your better success...

• Like 1

Just now, The60mmKid said:

It reminds me a bit of this thread, which blew (and continues to blow) my mind: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/565226-classic-rich-field/ In general, I love following projects such as these... I think they help us all grow as observers.

i follow that thread - that guy sets the gold standard for observing reports!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The60mmKid said:

It reminds me a bit of this thread, which blew (and continues to blow) my mind: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/565226-classic-rich-field/ In general, I love following projects such as these... I think they help us all grow as observers.

Thanks for that. I don't have his skills though! He's the A. Wainwright of the night skies!

Edited by Richard N
  • Like 2