Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mounting options for HEQ5 tripod Leg

Astroblagger

Hello is there anything available on the market like a clamp that will clamp on a HEQ5 tripod leg so i can mount a powerbox and mini pc for example i have access  to a workshop so can make base just need something to clamp round the leg solidly.

Iv got velcro etc but would like something a bit more positive with no change of falling off.

• Like 1

1) Car exhaust pipe clamps come in a variety of designs, one will suit.

Or fabricate your own from steel strip.

2) Drill two holes in the leg and bolt on.

3) Mount the PC on a steel strip that is longer than the PC, and clamp with Jubilee clips.

4) Attach with Zip Ties or Velcro straps, and clamp a Jubilee clip to the leg below the PC to stop it sliding.

5) G-Clamps

Etc etc

Michael

• Thanks 1

Do you have, or know somebody with a 3D printer ?
If going this far is OTT then some really good suggestions above from Michael 🙂 

Do you want this base to be easily removable so you can fold the tripod down after a session or can it remain in place ?

I have just sold my HEQ5 but because I have a printer I have always printed some sort of mount using it for the HEQ5 and now for my IOptron mount. 

Steve 

SWA cable clamps available from good electrical wholesalers. These come in every size from about 8 mm up to more than 100 mm bore and have a bolt hole through them for clamping / mounting. They are black nylon, so very durable and extremely strong. Just Google SWA cable clamp

Also, there must be clamps for professional lighting rigs as used for film and TV that might fit.

Cable_Clamp_50mm.jpg

• Like 2