Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Incas, Aztecs and Mayans.

Before I ask my question, if the moderators want to move this somewhere they deem better, it's okay.

Lately I've watched shows on the astronomy they did. Granted, the shows were mostly by the ancient alien theorists. 

But I can filter out the nonsense, and pick up a few things.

So, to my question.

You don't have a computer, or calculator. You didn't have a series of professors or their books to rely on.

All you have is someone scratching your ideas in a wet clay tablet, or chiseling on a stone.

You are sitting there, looking up into a sky that has only seen light pollution from camp fires.

How long are you going to have to sit there watching it all, to start getting the things worked out?

Have to take at least a year, to get a year figured out.

But for them to calculate eclipses, and the other things they put in their stone records.

Their math puts me to shame!

Was it hundreds or many hundreds of years?

Share your thoughts. 

Edited by maw lod qan

• maw lod qan changed the title to Incas, Aztecs and Mayans.
12 hours ago, maw lod qan said:

Was it hundreds or many hundreds of years?

Its undeniable and amazing about what ancient civilizations managed to calculate. Remember that they also didnt have distractions like internet, WA, phones etc. 😉 So while many would have been involved in protecting the group against predators, the 'geeks' of that day must have had more time on their hands.