Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Veil Nebula, RASA8 rework

tomato

This is three sessions over 3 years all captured with the RASA8/QHY268c/NBZ combination. As usual for me, the FOVs from the three sessions had widely different orientations so quite a bit of work was needed to smooth the joins on the overlapping background sections of sky. After applying the LP removal to each session image in APP, I used the clone tool in AP to smooth the joins and and then the  Remove background tool to try and even up the background sections.

Total integration is 5.4 hrs, 108 x 3 mins, thanks for looking.

Image06best3sessions_AP_HR_W.thumb.jpg.52b944d140d37ec1842b9d33f3a8183e.jpg

• Like 34

Thanks for the comment. The Affinity Photo Remove Background tool can produce a clipped result, although I brought the background level up to try and  mitigate this. It is probably still too black, but that’s to hide my patchy background. I’ve said this before but I really should be more disciplined with my framing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tomato said:

The Affinity Photo Remove Background tool can produce a clipped result, although I brought the background level up to try and  mitigate this. It is probably still too black, but that’s to hide my patchy background.

Well, where needs must! The necessity of doing this though has resulted in a very dramatic image, and an image of the Veil that is a bit different to the more standard presentation. I'm all for that!

• Thanks 1