Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A summer update with the Askar FM180 v2

Snoani

It's not been the best of summers at times but I've found a few opportunities to get my new smaller rig out, and boy am I glad that I did.  

I know these targets aren't the hardest to capture but I am really happy with them and how the scope is performing.  This is probably my best capture and process of M31 to date, I just wish I had had another night to capture some Ha data for it.    

I'm heading to the Black Mountains in a couple of weeks and will be taking this rig with me, I just hope for clear skies while I am there.  

I hope that you like them.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c13eb37389bbdb3d36378e9a27bc90d0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86ff8f26ce2369daf134348f3798aeaf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.46f020617d4c35f7394f7a98dae23946.jpeg

• Like 18

13 hours ago, Snoani said:

It's not been the best of summers at times but I've found a few opportunities to get my new smaller rig out, and boy am I glad that I did.  

I know these targets aren't the hardest to capture but I am really happy with them and how the scope is performing.  This is probably my best capture and process of M31 to date, I just wish I had had another night to capture some Ha data for it.    

I'm heading to the Black Mountains in a couple of weeks and will be taking this rig with me, I just hope for clear skies while I am there.  

I hope that you like them.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c13eb37389bbdb3d36378e9a27bc90d0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86ff8f26ce2369daf134348f3798aeaf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.46f020617d4c35f7394f7a98dae23946.jpeg

Is there any information on the camera and image, filters ?

6 hours ago, skybadger said:

Is there any information on the camera and image, filters ?

Thanks for the comments.  

All images are taken with an ZWO ASI 294MC Pro.  The nebulae are primarily about 4.5 hours of narrowband data using an Optolong L-Extreme, with some RGB data for the stars.  Andromeda is 5.5 hours that was taken with just a ZWO IR/UV cut filter.