Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Telementor?

I have been through all the goodwill stores around, even did a few pawn shops, i never see a telescope in them.  

They are nice, well figured achro scopes which are built like tanks! I think I’m on my third now but will hang on to this one as it is a nice example.

I did a comparison with my FS-60Q which is here:

Another report here, I think I’ve posted a few more too if you search.

Don’t over pay for it though. They are somewhat collectible so good examples with a mount can go for a lot of money. I only paid £200 for my OTA without the mount I think. There were a couple on eBay recently which were offered at lowish prices.

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

They are nice, well figured achro scopes which are built like tanks! I think I’m on my third now but will hang on to this one as it is a nice example.

I did a comparison with my FS-60Q which is here:

Another report here, I think I’ve posted a few more too if you search.

Don’t over pay for it though. They are somewhat collectible so good examples with a mount can go for a lot of money. I only paid £200 for my OTA without the mount I think. There were a couple on eBay recently which were offered at lowish prices.

Hmm, i did some more reading and now realize these are somewhat classic collector pieces, there seems to be a couple of versions that i gather, this one has a manual included. It seems it is the first version or “school telescope” version, I have no idea if CAD $500 is too much or not, though im sure there may be room for negotiation, thanks for your help @Stu

0D8B5547-6780-45A5-B174-28079321D21F.png

Edited by Sunshine

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Hmm, i did some more reading and now realize these are somewhat classic collector pieces, there seems to be a couple of versions that i gather, this one has a manual included. It seems it is the first version or “school telescope” version, I have no idea if CAD $500 is too much or not, though im sure there may be room for negotiation, thanks for your help @Stu

0D8B5547-6780-45A5-B174-28079321D21F.png

They were all made for schools as far as I know, don’t let that put you off.

$500 CAD seems very reasonable to me. Check it out if you can just to make sure the objective is ok and the focus mechanism is fine; it may seem a bit quirky but they work very well.

• Like 1